Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that inspires social and industrial change to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have a clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion in all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we embark on a journey where each of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will work as a Firmware developer and report to the R&D Team Lead and be part of the Motion Business for Drive Products division, located in Bangalore, India. In this role you will be responsible for significantly contributing to successful project outcomes in technology, software, product and/or solution development as well as associated IP by identifying, proposing, and implementing deliverables solution. Uses exceptional technical knowledge to manage development tasks. Acts as first line contact to R&D/SW development/Product engineering for specific product and maintenance related issues
- The development of variable frequency drive firmware in its various layers of architecture
Collaborate with global/local R&D and product management teams to develop world-class products
- Demonstrates a strong aptitude for embedded C++/C programming and design concepts
- There should be strong collaboration within the R&D community and alignment with agile software development principles
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the quality culture of ABB R&D
- Having a risk-taking mindset, sharing success and failure with the team and towards innovative thinking and challenging existing situations
- Bachelor’s / master’s degree in electronics, electrical engineering, or related field with 4 to 8 years of experience in embedded SW programming for 16/32/64-bit Microcontroller
- Have strong experience in Embedded C, C++, python in embedded system design and development
- Experience with RTOS, communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART / USART
- Have experience in debugging such as IAR and equivalent
- Experience with MCU peripherals such as ADC, DAC, DMA, Timers, Flash, GPIO is required
- Experience with CI/CD processes, Jenkins, or equivalent tools