Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help the people you know and love stay safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With over 30 brands, 11,000+ employees worldwide and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the door and beyond, everything from Residential and Commercial Locks, Door Closers and Exit Devices, Steel Doors and Frames to Access Control and workforce productivity systems.
Allegion is looking for a very enthusiastic Firmware Engineer who will be responsible for developing the Firmware of the assigned modules within the larger system. Responsibilities include participation in firmware specification development, firmware architecture, design, code development, debugging, and participation in code reviews, documentation, unit/integration/system testing and other assigned engineering tasks. The individual will be responsible for delivering on objectives including meeting deadlines and schedules.
What You Should Do
- Design, develop and debug firmware for electronic products and systems
- Must be able to design embedded modules that meet design specifications
- Maintain and improve existing designs and source code to help achieve the goal of having a modular structure
- Work with a team to develop thorough design documentation and unit test cases. Use tools to approach systems such as functional block diagrams, flow diagrams, simulation, fault tree analysis, state-diagrams, and others needed in product development
- Work with validation lab to support FW Engineering Validation Test code and Product validation code testing
- Work across multiple sites/teams both locally and internationally
What You Need to Succeed
- BE or M Tech in Electronics and communication/ Computer Science Engineering
- 3-5 years of embedded electronics experience in Firmware design and development.
- Extensive experience working on Embedded Firmware
- Excellent C programming skills. Understanding of Assembly language is a plus
- Must have gone through all steps of Software Development Life Cycle [Requirements, Design, Coding, Unit testing and System testing]
- Must have experience working with 8/16/32 bit micro controllers
- There must be written device drivers for the micro controllers [I2C, SPI, UART, etc.]
- Tools such as Version control systems, emulators, and debuggers must be used
- Experience working with any RTOS (Micrium, FreeRTOS, Linux, Yocto, etc.)
- Experience working with wireless protocols (BLE, Wi-Fi, etc.)
Why Work For Us?
Allegion is a Great Place to Advance Your Career if:
- You are looking for a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help others. With thousands of employees and customers around the world, there’s plenty of room to make an impact. As our values say, “it’s your business, run with it”.
- You value personal wellness and balance, because we do too!
- You are looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us.