Reference design for a power bank with a fast charger of 5A with MaxCharge and 3.1A boost operation.
As the use of smartphones has become common, it is common for the battery to drain before going to sleep. And to give more juice to the phone’s battery, power banks have emerged as a boon to everyone. A power bank is a portable device that can hold a charge and charge the phone’s battery on the go.
The TIDA-00589 from Texas Instruments (TI) is a reference design for a power bank with fast charging capability. The powerbank also has adjustable-voltage, high efficiency 3.1 synchronous boost operation and has an ADC to provide system and battery monitoring.
The features of TIDA-00589 are:
- Support high voltage adapter to achieve up to 5A charging current
- Adjustable-voltage high-efficiency 3.1A simultaneous boosting operation
- Input the Current Optimizer (ICO) to make the best use of the adapter
- ADC to provide system and battery monitoring
- Both host control and autonomous charging in the absence of the host
- Integrated low Rdson battery FET for long battery run time
This reference design has been tested by TI. It comes with comprehensive software, firmware libraries, tools, batteries, and more. You can find more data about the reference design on the company’s website. To read more about this reference design click here.