Company: General Electric
Job Description Summary
The role of Control engineer is to carry out DCS activity within India and abroad. The engineer must be able to manage and perform design activity, database configuration, relay integration, system validation and commissioning activity. Project delivery must be of a high quality standard.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create database configuration in GE system.
- Create a FAT and SAT activity with global units.
- Conduct design activities for various projects.
- Perform system and database validation prior to project delivery.
- Must have good knowledge of GE relays.
- Work with the team for achieving a high level of test automation by promoting various innovations from the team.
- Review detailed functional and technical specifications.
- Review of GE Grid Automation products, applications and system instruction manuals, technical presentations, and end-user training material.
- Work with Customer Support personnel to resolve customer issues
- Provide technical consultation to cross-functional teams across the business to improve or resolve manufacturing, product, application, or field issues
- Assist in the preparation of training material and delivery of training courses, as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics & Communication, with a minimum of 3+ years of professional experience
- Hands on experience in validating and testing substation automation products and solutions
- Hands on experience in various relay integration.
- Knowledge of GE systems (eg DS Agile system, D25, D400 etc.) is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of serial SCADA protocols (eg DNP3, IEC 60870-5-101, 103, Modbus)
- Knowledge of LAN-based SCADA protocols (eg IEC 61850-8-1, DNP3/TCP, IEC 60870-5-104, Modbus TCP)
- Full knowledge of all aspects of the IEC 61850 standard for communication networks and power substation systems. Familiarity with communication methods and electrical equipment procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of Ethernet networking; wired / wireless and Switch technologies
- Strong organizational, communication skills and a proactive / open approach to conflict resolution
- Flexible and adaptable; open to change and changing tasks, showing initiative
Able to share ideas and work well in a team environment.
- Working Knowledge of DS Agile Software is preferred
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify and clarify critical issues.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Prior engineering experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong operational efficiency and accountability.