Job Description Summary
You will be part of a global and matrixed design team, working on new product introduction and existing product maintenance / support. This team is responsible for long-term development programs as well as short-cycle custom design tasks that leverage existing product platforms.
You are responsible for many aspects of product development from requirements analysis, feature development, prototype creation and testing, to final design validation, documentation, and product release .
This role requires, in addition to close interaction with internal and external customers, a strong inclusive team player with a focus on results and willing to work with an Agile method of execution.
Responsible for planning/executing departmental operations or focused on executing professional activities within technical discipline. Operates with some autonomy but is guided by established policies or reviews of end results. The work allows the change of methods and practices that make up the work as long as the final results meet the standards of acceptability (quality, quantity, timeliness etc.).
- Involved in all aspects of product development from requirements analysis, code development and testing.
- Work with cross platform engineering teams to develop and implement product enhancements, product upgrades, and new product introductions.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives related to embedded product functionality and team processes.
- Design using object-oriented techniques and focus on cybersecure designs. Develop systems using C/C++ and real-time embedded operating systems (VxWorks).
- Develop and implement embedded software from high-level applications to low-level hardware device drivers.
- Develop embedded software to suit various domains like O&G, Power Systems, Metals and Marine.
- Develop front-end applications using Microsoft technologies (Visual Basic, Visual C++, C#, .Net).
- Analyze embedded code to determine the cause of defects and implement corrective actions.
- Own technical leadership responsibilities for product development, implementation, validation, and maintenance.
- Lead reviews, propose design changes, conduct tests to ensure systems and platforms meet design requirements.
- Collaborated with a team of controls and systems engineers developing operational software for various subsystems.
- Develop test applications to perform testing before delivery to the test team.
- Prepare requirements documents, design documents, unit test plans and other documents to meet quality standards.
- Perform design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adherence to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
- Create and maintain code and process engineering/technical documentation.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Team Leads, and Testers to deliver the product with a better first yield.
- Interact with multiple stake holders located in other parts of the world.
- Take customer issues on priority and provide timely resolution for issues to get better customer satisfaction index.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical / Electronics / Computer Engineering from reputed institutions.
- 4+ years of experience in embedded software development.
- Good experience in C, C++, VC++, C#, RTOS.
- Good experience with Intel, ARM processors.
- Good knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as EtherCAT, Modbus, Profibus, Canbus, etc.
- Experienced in various phases of Software Development Life cycle (SDLC).
- Good knowledge of scripting tools.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Areas of expertise may include, but are not limited to, networks, operating systems, cybersecurity, databases and applications.
Embedded SW development and testing.
Passionate about quality and cybersecure development.
Experience in build automation, continuous integration, configuration management, verification, software deployment.
Strong technical skills, Solid oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.