Looking for a challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – do it with us
Meeting the demand for intelligent mobility solutions
We make the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while continuously developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Support specialists located mainly in Germany. Close coordination within a design team including delivery managers, design engineers, procurement and with related interface specifications.
- Support for the planning, design and manufacture of components for traction converters (5 MVA to 100 MVA) and other power electronic systems. Taking customer requirements, legal requirements as well as relevant standards into consideration with a focus on the regions Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, UK, USA, Australia. The components for traction converters are:
- Power electronic devices and semiconductor element-based technology.
- HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) systems.
- Water cooling systems.
- Harmonic filter components (capacitors, reactors and resistors)
- Support the generation of specifications for external suppliers for such components and support the procurement process technically.
- Support the creation of electrical circuit diagrams.
- Support the evaluation of tests.
- Participate in technical liaison meetings with customers, suppliers, and internal Siemens departments incl. abroad.
- All work must adhere to engineering guidelines, quality standards, timing, and cost limitations.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical and Electronics Engineering or Power System Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of power converters and power electronics.
- Several years of cooperation in projects, best in the field of converter technology, reactors, cooling systems and best in traction power supply systems.
- Knowledge of general electrical components and integration of general systems
- Knowledge of relevant European and international standards (eg, IEC, IEEE, DIN, ANSI, EN).
- Knowledge of auxiliary system (AC and DC distribution, battery charger, illumination, etc.).
- Basic understanding of civil and structural engineering & interface.
- Fluent English skills are required, German skills are appreciated
- Good knowledge of MS Office especially MS Visio
- Good Knowledge MATLAB Simulink ELCAD (Electrical CAD System) appreciated