Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that inspires social and industrial change to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have a clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion in all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we embark on a journey where each of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will work as an R&D Engineer and report to the Product Development manager and be part of Motion – Drive Products located in Bangalore, India. Owning the technical product of the product is related to the quality and resolution of the issue of Low Voltage Drives in India.
- Product ownership is required with respect to all technical issues. Should coordinate with the product manager for any identified issue and plan for action to resolve the same. Any failure must be analyzed for failure. The detail report should be created for the same. Analysis should be done down to the circuit component level
- The job includes direct coordination with the global support team for any further analysis
- Root cause analysis should be performed for each failure and update the same in the global failure data.
- The failure rate of the owned product should be monitored, the warranty details should be checked to understand the failure. Product failure rate should be monitored using warranty data. Any major concerns should be discussed with the team lead and reporting manager. Weekly meeting with the service for failure cases for further investigation
- Checking local material provided by local supplier with global product. It must be weighed against world standards. Local component testing and report for the same should be available
- The analytical laboratory must be kept to a high standard of safety and all equipment calibrated and maintained in the same
- Minimum 3-5 years for BE (Electrical and Electronics or electronics and communication), 1-2 years with M-Tech (Power electronics or Control system or Drives)
- Experience in PCB analysis, Variable frequency drive Knowledge