The Arm Open Source Software (OSS) group allows partners to develop software solutions on Arm IP-based systems. Are you flexible, a quick learner with good problem-solving skills, and willing to take on challenges? Join our incredible team of engineers who share a passion for making a mark on the future of computing!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on the development of the software stack on the latest Arm reference boards! Your daily responsibilities will include developing Board Support Packages (BSP) for the latest Arm IP with Linux kernel and Android versions on various reference platforms.
We are looking for individuals with exposure and knowledge of System software stack from Bootloaders, Firmware and distributed OS.
- Development of reference boards system software
- Bringing Debian/Android to boards with the latest GPU and CPU designs
- Developing and enabling a virtualization software stack using the Xen hypervisor
- Enabling multiple guest OS (Linux/Android)
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering
- 2 to 7 years of experience in embedded software development
- Good knowledge of computer architecture
- Experience working with system software
- Experience working in Linux device drivers development
- Hands on experience in bringing the software to the boards and resolving any issues
- Experience with standard firmware implementations: eg UEFI, U-Boot
- Excellent C, assembly language and Linux programming skills with GNU toolchain and cross compiling
- Experience with distributed version control systems, such as Git.
- Motivated to continuously develop skills and accept different responsibilities
“Nice To Have” Skills and Experience
- Prior work experience with hypervisors – Xen
- Knowledge of Android Graphics framework
- Good debugging skills
- Understanding of testing methods, CI and test automation
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python or Shell scripting
- Knowledge of Arm Architecture